Monday, December 5, 2011

A roadmap for OpenERP implementation

Welcome!

I'll be embracing OpenERP as the platform for the development of business applications. The product has a learning curve, but I'm betting that in the long run it will pay for effort. I'm thankful for the help provided by other developer's blogs, so I decided to also share with others my results and solutions.
I am starting small, but I have ambitious plans for my OpenERP deployment. The first deliverable will be an issue management application, for a technical service management business unit.

Initial roadmap:
* Set up development environment: app server, programming tools and IDE.
* Design solution proof of concept, selecting and configuring standard modules.
* Extend standard modules to address specific needs.
* Prepare proof of concept for technical requirements: Active Directory integration, e-mail notifications to customers, SQL Server data import.

I'll be posting as long as I get something useful to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment